International Cricket Council (ICC) Americas is seeking to employ the services of a person to work in an exciting role its 16 member countries to build a 'bigger, better global game' across North and South America.
The ICC is the global governing body for cricket. Its Development Programme has specific strategic objectives aimed at the sustainable development and strengthening of the sport globally. The Americas regional office is based in Toronto, Canada and has a team of five that support the development of the game in 16 Associate and Affiliate members (AMs) in the region ? Canada, USA, Bermuda, Suriname, Argentina, Cayman Islands, Bahamas, Belize, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Falkland Islands, Mexico, Panama, Peru and Turks & Caicos Islands.
The Regional Development Officer will work collaboratively with ICC Americas AMs with a specific focus on sustainable participation growth across the region and improving member governance and administration.
Requirements for a successful candidate include:
- Providing expertise in the principles, strategies, planning and management of participation growth programmes.
- Guidance in the implementation of development pathways/structures from junior involvement to junior playing.
- Strategic assistance in the identification of the needs for, and sustainable delivery of, coach, umpire, scorer and administrator education systems
- Developing local partnerships to ensure the sustainability and delivery of coach and umpire education of programmes.
Conditions of employment:
- Understanding of best practice sport development principles and 'Sport for Development'
- Understanding of good governance principles
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to present to groups and influence change
- Strong experience and involvement with:
- Participation pathways at entry-level, junior, youth, adult and female levels
- High performance pathways and programs
- Education systems, e.g. coach, official and volunteer education.
- As part of the role some international and domestic travel will be required
- Remuneration offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experiences
If you feel that you can meet the challenge, please email your CV and a cover letter explaining how you meet the job requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 5pm Friday August 30.
for more details click here